Ellen DeGeneres steps out for a stroll with a pal in Santa Monica

Ellen DeGeneres steps out for a stroll with a pal in Santa Monica

Downcast Ellen DeGeneres steps out for a stroll with a pal in Santa Monica as TV exec reveals she will NOT quit her show, despite backlash over staff claims of a toxic work environment and rumors that James Corden could replace her in the time slot

A downcast Ellen DeGeneres stepped out for a walk with a friend as it was revealed she will not be quitting her eponymous TV  show despite a slew of recent allegations regarding a toxic work environment riddled with sexual misconduct.

Ellen was photographed taking a stroll with the unidentified pal on Saturday afternoon in Santa Monica. 

The longtime talk show host was dressed down in a plain white tee and running shorts topped off with a baseball cap and sunglasses as she sought to keep a low profile amid rampant speculation about the future of her career. 

The speculation arose after one current and 10 former employees alleged the overt positivity of The Ellen DeGeneres Show was underscored by bullying and racism.

A separate batch of allegations last week involved dozens of former employees who launched sexual misconduct accusations at three show producers, which Ellen allegedly ‘turn[ed] a blind eye’ to.

Sources previously told DailyMail.com that Ellen, faced with a mounting tide of negative press and few defenders, was considering quitting the TV series amid a investigation by WarnerMedia. 

Actors Brad Garrett and Leah Thompson further fueled that flames against Ellen by revealing it was ‘common knowledge’ that the TV host had a reported mean streak. 

But as Ellen’s daytime TV empire continued to crumble, insiders at NBC Network have said James Corden could take over her coveted time slot.

Ellen DeGeneres
Ellen DeGeneres stepped out for a walk with a friend on Saturday afternoon as it was revealed she will not be quitting her eponymous TV show despite a slew of recent allegations regarding a toxic work environment riddled with sexual misconduct

Ellen, 62, apparently has no plans to jump ship from her embattled TV career and, in fact, has plans to return to work later this month.

An internal email from the show’s top producers, obtained by The New York Post, said Ellen will reportedly arrive to set on August 24 for ‘Ellen’s Games of Games’ and the ‘Ellen Show’ is scheduled to premier September 9.

‘We know that these last few days have been a lot to take in and process for everyone,’ read part of the email.

An insider at the show claimed DeGeneres is adamant about protecting the long career she’s built. 

‘She’s fighting to protect the show and what she stands for. She is very upset about what happened and determined to fix the problems. She takes full responsibility. But no way is she quitting the show. That’s total BS,’ they told The Post.

Ellen DeGeneres

Earlier this week, an insider at Telepictures told DailyMail.com that the host is telling executives at Telepictures and Warner Bros that she has had enough and wants to walk away from the show. 

‘She feels she can’t go on and the only way to recover her personal brand from this is to shut down the show,’ they said. 

‘The truth is she knew what was going on, it’s her show. The buck stops with her. She can blame every executive under the sun – but Ellen is ultimately the one to blame.’ 

Despite chumming it with a a plethora of celebrities over the shows 16-year run, very few have come out in public support – and some have done just the opposite. 

 On Thursday night, Everybody Loves Raymond star Brad Garrett led the charge against Ellen and even went so far as to tag her in the disparaging Twitter post.

‘Sorry but it comes from the top ⁦@TheEllenShow,’ wrote Garrett. ‘Know more than one who were treated horribly by her.⁩ Common knowledge.’

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *